[OSGeo Africa] OpenStreetMap South Africa Help

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Mon Dec 22 08:26:50 EST 2008

OSGeo Africa,

I'm a contributor to the OpenStreetMap South African project.

We've been making good progress over the last 2 years, but have been
struggling to gain access to existing datasets.

I'd appreciate any help contacting / introduction to Open Source
friendly people at...

- CD:SM (Chief Directorate: Surveys and Mapping of South Africa)
- SAGNS (Department of Arts and Culture)
- CSIR
- Local Goverment GIS divisions (eg Cape Town Municipality)
- Transnet (Particularly rail)

Any sort of dataset large or small helps.

Regards
 Grant
 OpenStreetMap South Africa