[OSGeo Africa] FW: Request for assistance: Cape Town Capacity Building workshop on GRASS

Gavin Fleming GavinF at mintek.co.za
Tue Jan 15 07:29:44 EST 2008

________________________________

From: Ravinder Bhatia [mailto:RBhatia at thescholarship.org]
Sent: 11 January 2008 10:45 pm
To: foss4g2008 at peoplesa.co.za
Subject: Request for assistance: Cape Town Capacity Building workshop on
GRASS

Hello,

I am chairing a capacity building workshop from 01-03 March 2008 in Cape
Town. The workshop is for young African scientists, and addresses the
use of ICTs for scientific applications.

We have one track on remote sensing, which is to include the Bilko free
software for oceangraphy and coastal remote sensing data manipulation,
and with the output of this to be fed into GRASS as an open source GIS.

I urgently need assistance in finding someone who is available on 01-02
March and is willing to teach the segments on GRASS. Please can you let
me know who I should speak with.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Yours Sincerely,
Ravinder Bhatia

Dr. Ravinder S. Bhatia
Vice President for Research, The Scholar Ship
34 Leylands, Viewfield Road, London SW18 1NF, UK
Office +44 208 877 0100, Cell +44 774 707 6250
RBhatia at TheScholarShip.org, www.TheScholarShip.com