[OSGeo Africa] building a GIS workstation using free and open source software

Josh Livni josh at umbrellaconsulting.com
Tue Jan 22 19:50:44 EST 2008

While it's not the most user-friendly site (yet), I've started putting
together a wiki that I hope will become a fairly robust set of basic
tutorials, screencasts, and the like for some of the OS GIS stack.  It's
currently at http://os.umbrellaconsulting.com

I just started putting it together last week - the current stuff up
there is meager, and there's no pretty pictures -- but I'd love to get
feedback (and even contributions!)

Let me know if you find it useful, and how it could become moreso.  I
intend to spend a few hours each week and slowly make it into a great
resource.

Cheers,

  -Josh