[OSGeo Africa] Introduction to GIS information

William Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Fri Nov 7 06:47:45 EST 2008

Hi All,

I am looking for Introduction to GIS information that I can use to
create a core curriculum for schools. This is for before you start using
an app on the computer, like the Free GIS Book

The info must be freely available, as I don't want schools  to have to
pay for it.

The Free GIS book will only be available possibly by next year, and I
would like to start this now, and link to the book when it comes out.

Most of the material I have found, teaches you GIS using this or that
app, which is not what I think should be taught in the beginning ( ie
grade 10 )

William