[OSGeo Africa] EPSG 205x

Andrew de Klerk andrew at quartex.co.za
Thu Jul 16 08:54:53 EDT 2009

Hi

Can anyone confirm what the correct Proj4 definition is for our
Hartebeesthoek projections. The closest I have come up with is (for 2054):

+proj=tmerc +ellips=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +lon_0=31 +k_0=1 +units=m +no_defs

I have tried on numerous occasions to get someone in the know to say if its
wrong or right. I do not know enough about the inner workings of projection
systems nor the different options available in the proj4 definitions - so if
anyone who knows more than me about either of these can help me/us come up
with a definite definition this would help.

Gavin - I know you were looking into this a while ago? Did you get any
further?

Thanks

Andrew