[OSGeo Africa] EPSG 205x

Andrew de Klerk andrew at quartex.co.za
Tue Jul 21 10:04:27 EDT 2009

Hi Graeme

Thanks for the response. Yes, I am well aware of the resource available
through spatialreference. This is where my confusion comes in. if you run
the following:

cs2cs +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 +to +proj=tmerc +lon_0=31 +datum=WGS84

and then enter:
30.352 -29.623

You will get:
-62758.77       -3278498.65 0.00

This is of course the correct answer. Which immediately tells me that the
definitions in place can handle our projection systems, and it is merely a
factor of syntax. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Andrew