[OSGeo Africa] EPSG 205x

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 21 12:06:57 EDT 2009

Andrew de Klerk wrote:
> So the long and the short of it is we cannot use the FOSS tools to their
> full potential until the proj library has been updated to accommodate our
> projection systems. Is that correct?

Andrew,

I have personally assisted 2 different groups in Canada that were
complaining of the same issue.  The good news is that all it takes is
someone to 'champion' this: by filing a request to have your projection
added (or modified) in the EPSG standard:
http://www.epsg.org/Comms/Comment.asp

That's all it takes.  So please feel free to take on that role for your
problem projection, and your work will be helpful to other users in your
country.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna