[OSGeo Africa] Announcing the releases of QGIS 1.0.2 (stable release) and QGIS 1.1.0 'Pan' (unstable release).

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed May 13 17:36:06 EDT 2009

Hi all

We (the QGIS Team) are very pleased to simultaneously announce the
releases of QGIS 1.0.2 (stable release) and QGIS 1.1.0 'Pan' (unstable
release).

Our 1.0.x 'stable' release series are part of our effort to provide a
stable, unchanging, long term supported environment. Each minor release
in our stable series contains only bug fixes and no new features. For a
list of bugs that were closed in the 1.0.2 release, please see the 1.0.2
release milestone.

Our 'unstable' release series are provided to offer users a chance to
try out new features as they make their way into the code base. We will
not support these releases over a long term and they are aimed more for
those who value new features over stability.

Binary and source code packages are available at
http://www.qgis.org/en/download/binaries.html.

A visual changelog for the release is available here:

http://blog.qgis.org/node/134

Along with the release of QGIS 1.1.0, the QGIS Community Team is also
extremely pleased to announce the immediate availability of the QGIS
Users' Guide version 1.1. The guide can be downloaded from
http://www.qgis.org/en/documentation/manuals.html.

QGIS is a completely volunteer driven project, and is the work of a
dedicated team of developers, documenters and supporters. We extend our
thanks and gratitude for the  many, many hours people have contributed
to make this release happen.

If you would like to make a donation or sponsor our project, please
visit http://www.qgis.org/en/sponsorship.html . QGIS is Free software
and you are under no obligation to do so.

---

As an aside, many people on this list have written asking for an
'offline' windows installer, which I have made now for these releases.
It undoubtedly needs some testing still but I hope you find it useful
and let me know if you encounter any problems with it. The downloads are
around 89mb each for the stable and unstable releases.

Happy QGIS'ing!

Tim Sutton, Linfiniti Consulting
* QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)
* Visit http://linfiniti.com for more information
   about the QGIS and FOSS services we provide.
* Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net