[OSGeo Africa] Announcing the release of QGIS 1.5 'Tethys'

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Aug 2 10:35:43 EDT 2010

Hi

Mr Sid support is provided via the GDAL abstraction layer. In this
release it could not be packaged in for technical reasons. I suggest
to write to the QGIS users mailing list and / or  file a request to
have it included on our tracker.

http://trac.qgis.org

Regards

Tim

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM, solly Vuso <sollyvuso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys
> Thank you for the good work
>
> I wish I can know the added features, like opening Mr Sid
>

> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 12:33 PM, William Walter Kinghorn
> <williamk at dut.ac.za> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> Thanks Tim to you and the other QGIS developers
>>
>> William
>> qgis-user; Africa local chapter discussions
>> Subject: [OSGeo Africa] Announcing the release of QGIS 1.5 'Tethys'
>>
>> We are very pleased to announce the release of QGIS 1.5.0 'Tethys'.
>>
>> Binary and source code packages are available at:
>>
>> http://download.qgis.org
>>
>> This release includes many great new features to make your QGIS
>> experience even better than ever before. This release also contains
>> many bug fixes that should improve stability over previous releases.
>> For a detailed run down on what is new in this release, take a look at
>> our visual changelog (
>> http://www.qgis.org/en/component/content/article/108.html ).
>>
>> Along with the release of QGIS 1.5.0, the QGIS Community Team is hard
>> at work on an updated QGIS Users' Guide version 1.5. The guide will be
>> available in the near future - we will post announcements when it is
>> available.
>>
>> QGIS is a completely volunteer driven project, and is the work of a
>> dedicated team of developers, documenters and supporters. We extend
>> our thanks and gratitude for the many, many hours people have
>> contributed to make this release happen.
>>
>> If you would like to make a donation or sponsor our project, please
>> visit <a href="http://www.qgis.org/en/sponsorship.html">our
>> sponsorship page</a>. QGIS is Free software and you are under no
>> obligation to do so.
>>
>> Happy QGIS'ing!
>>
>> --
>> Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release  Manager)

> Best Regards
>
> Solly Vuso
> Cell:073 3068 170
> Fax:086 555 1270
>
> I may not know what tomorrow holds for me but I do know who holds ma
> tomorrow.....

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net