[OSGeo Africa] [Fwd: [SDI-Africa] Teaching Materials on OS GIS]

Yewondwossen Assefa yassefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Feb 10 10:29:03 EST 2011

On 10/02/2011 12:59 AM, William Walter Kinghorn wrote:
> Hi
>
> Although this is not training material, it might be good to look at, to see what FOSS software is available ( this can be used to do the training )
>
> Look at here for the Xubuntu based Live DVD - http://live.osgeo.org/
>
> has over 40 GIS related software - http://live.osgeo.org/overview/overview.html

  Great point. I think for windows users, It might be interesting to
check out http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ that would help install some of
the most popular open gis software.  Feed backs, additional language
support, docs, development, etc ... are always welcome.

best regards,

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst

Email: yassefa at dmsolutions.ca