[OSGeo Africa] Web Hosting

Hardy Jonck hjonck at qsens.net
Wed May 11 16:21:34 EDT 2011

Hi Sarel,

Thanks for the enquiry.  We host with Vox/DataPro in Joburg.

We operate an Apple XSAN storage area network that is built on Quantum StorNext (The Apple XSAN flavor) software architecture.  We have 2 redundant SAN controllers to serve the distributed file system and one extra Application server machine with a total of 3 machines each with quad Xeons and 12GB RAM on the SAN.  What makes the Quantum StorNext interesting is that if we run a large GIS data set, ALL machines in the cluster see the same native files.  The XRAIDs are connected on 4GB fiber channel to each machine through a fiber switch and with an independent metadata network. The cluster runs Apple's flavor BSD (Mac OSX) but we serve data to Windows and Linux clients over either StorNext fiber channel, CIFS or NFS.

Best Regards
Hardy