[OSGeo Africa] Announcing the release of QGIS 1.7.2

S Coetzer geotech.sarel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:28:31 EST 2011

Great news about the new release, thank you.

Here is some positive feedback to the Quantum GIS community.

We are currenlty using QGIS as a training platform for Malaria and
Vector-Borne Disease projects in Southern Africa.
Read more about the project here: http://malareo-gis.wikispaces.com/

We will be doing introduction and advanced course in the new year.
Hopefully we can get QGIS to become a definitive platform for these project.

Sarel Coetzer