[OSGeo Africa] Harare GIS Data

SAM YIRENKYI SAM.YIRENKYI at kzncogta.gov.za
Wed Dec 19 23:54:11 PST 2012

Hi Team.
We would like to implement a GIS web based information dashboard to cater for both spatial and non-spatial business information for our management. Is there any open source platform or tools available to accomplish this task? Please advise

Regards

Samuel Yirenkyi | Pr. GISc (SA) PGP 0167
Deputy Manager: Development Information Services (GIS)
KZN Dept. of Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs
271 Church Street
PIETERMARITZBURG
3201
SOUTH AFRICA

Mobile: +27 83 485 0911
Tel (work): +27 33 355 6530
Fax (work): +27 33 355 6173
Email: sam.yirenkyi at kzncogta.gov.za

>>> "Wes Roberts" <wes at biocarbonpartners.com> 2012/12/20 08:56 AM >>>

Hi Nhlanhla,

You have two options that I know of. The first is openstreetmap (http://www.openstreetmap.org/) for the streets and the second is the Global Administrative Areas website (http://www.gadm.org/). Placenames and schools etc you may have to get from a local municipal authority.

Regards,
Wesley

Wesley Roberts PhD
GIS and Remote Sensing Professional
BioCarbon Partners
Email:   wes at biocarbonpartners.com
Tel:       +27 83 5355 646 (South Africa)
Skype: roberts-w
www.biocarbonpartners.com