[OSGeo Africa] 2012 GIS courses at UP

Coetzee Serena serenacoetzee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:03:57 EST 2012

Dear Anwar,

you have to compare apples with apples. I cannot comment on other courses, but this is, for example, what you get for the CE at UP spatial databases course: five days of PostGIS training, including an assessment.  If the assessment is completed successfully (above 50%), the delegate gets a University of Pretoria certificate of successful completion, which is endorsed by the Dept of Higher Education, so it adds value to one's CV. In fact, most of the courses in the email below include an assessment.

Let's take the EO4Vistrails discussion offline...

Regards,
--
Serena Coetzee

Geography Building 3-7
Centre for Geoinformation Science, Department Geography, Geoinformatics and Meteorology, University of Pretoria, Private Bag X20, Hatfield, 0028, South Africa
email: serena.coetzee at up.ac.za Web: www.up.ac.za/cgis
Mobile: +27 82 464 4294 · Tel: +27 12 420 3823 · Fax: +27 12 420 6385