[OSGeo Africa] Shapefiles of TVBC states

Heidi Van Deventer HvDeventer at csir.co.za
Thu Oct 11 00:33:38 PDT 2012

One would think that the Public Land Inventory of DRDLR (former DLA) is
the official department with the official rightful copy of this data set
with legal standing.

>>> Gavin Fleming <gavinjfleming at gmail.com> 11/10/2012 09:23 >>>
Here is another link to my copy:
http://ubuntuone.com/1MwDvG2liIhcXTc2pF8twC

The one on filegooi has exceeded the maximum number of downloads
(whatever that is)!

Note about this version: The 'sde' in the column names indicate it came

from the CSIR ArcSDE database. I would have loaded it into there from
some or other government source. The CSIR metadata clearinghouse might

indicate such if it is still up. I also see 'Qwa Qwa' is spelt
ignorantly as 'Qua Qua'.

Does the CSI have a definitive view on who the custodian of this data
set is? In my mind it would be your Dept,  Aslam, or the Demarcation
Board.

On 10/10/2012 12:38, Aslam Parker wrote:
> Dear Colleagues
> I urgently need shapefiles/(vector polygons in whatever format) of
the
> TVBC states before the incorporation in SA. Any advice where I can
get
> this?
>
> Aslam Parker | Director: Geo-spatial Information and Professional
Support

<mailto:aparker at ruraldevelopment.gov.za>__

> __
>
> __
>
> PPlease consider the environment before printing this email and/or
any
> related attachments//

Gavin Fleming
t: 0218620670
c: 0845965680
f: 0866164820
Paarl
South Africa
18°59'19.6"E 33°44'46.1"S

--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions,
e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF)

MailScanner,
and is believed to be clean.

and is believed to be clean.