[OSGeo Africa] Report to Parliament on State Land Audit

Peter Newmarch newmarch at land-surveyors.com
Thu Apr 18 03:05:45 PDT 2013

I have picked up a few issues.

for example - many "farms" are in fact residential and commercial
properties inside planning schemes - so the reality is that the number
of true farms is really much much lower. The SGO probably did not have
planning schemes at its disposal so probably could not distinguish the
genuine number of Urban properties. - in KZN alone this must be
incorrect by the thousands. (westville, hillcrest and Umhlanga are
mostly "farm").

On the whole I think its a good start, but needs to be improved when all
the holes are documented.

Peter

Peter Newmarch
Professional Land Surveyor