[OSGeo Africa] Web Maps

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Dec 4 00:36:58 PST 2013

Hi

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 8:26 AM, Toini Paulus <tnpaulus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Morning Sir/Madam
>
> I have created web maps using OpenGeo Suite and now I have difficulties to
> migrate data from my local computer to the company's server.
>
> Any to help please?
> Where are the PostGIS data located in Mt computer?
>
> Which file should I copy?

You need to dump and restore your postgis database. Assuming you have
linux, open a terminal window and do:

sudo su - postgres
psql -l

Make sure your database is listed. Lets assume it is called foo:

pg_dump -Fc -f /tmp/foo.dmp foo
exit

Now copy the foo.dmp file to your server's /tmp/ directory. I assume that
it already has PostgreSQL and PostGIS installed. Then do this in a terminal
on your server:

sudo su - postgres
createdb -T template_postgis foo
pg_restore /tmp/foo.dmp | psql foo
exit

You may need to do more things (e.g. creating your template_postgis if you
dont have it already) but the above is the general workflow.

Regards

Tim

> Thank you Very Much
>
> Regards
> Toini

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member
 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net