[OSGeo Africa] Demarcation Ward Shapefiles

Hanlie Pretorius hanlie.pretorius at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 02:38:30 PST 2013

Hi Adi,

I agree that some wards seem to be missing. One can see that visually
and by looking at the list of numbers (WC011 etc.), which has gaps in
the series.

I ran the QGIS geometry checker on the file and it found 134 errors,
mostly duplicate nodes.

>From the types of errors found, I'm guessing there are no polygons in
the shapefile that are not displaying so I think you'll have to
contact the Demarcation Board and ask them what's going on.

Cheers
Hanlie