[OSGeo Africa] Demarcation Ward Shapefiles

Adi Eyal adi at code4sa.org
Thu Dec 12 00:13:25 PST 2013

Those areas were indeed DMAs (district management areas). These are
areas that fall outside of municipal boundaries. Voting within those
areas did not take place within wards which explains the lack of
polygons in the shape file. In case anyone is interested, I read about
it here: http://www.cogta.gov.za/subwebsites/publications/election/elec_out.htm

Thanks all for the help
Adi