[OSGeo Africa] Android based apps for navigation purposes

Wes Roberts wes at biocarbonpartners.com
Sun Jan 6 22:59:02 PST 2013

Hi Timm,

Many thanks for the reply. I have actually installed GIS mobile onto my
Galaxy Note but have not been able to get things running properly. I believe
there was a problem with adding plugins to the app. As such I could not get
the gps functionality to work. Installation was also a bit finiky, I seem to
remember the download would bomb if the screen lock came on.

We will be rolling out our surveys using samsung xcovers so I think the QGIS
mobile app would probably not be suitable right now. Will have to use our
old Garmins for the navigation until a suitable alternative is available.

Do you know if the bug in the qgis mobile version has been fixed? Perhaps I
should re-install and test on my next visit to the field.

Many thanks,

Wesley

BCP CLR LOGO-FINAL LoRes

Wesley Roberts PhD

GIS and Remote Sensing Professional

BioCarbon Partners

Email:   wes at biocarbonpartners.com

Tel:       +27 83 5355 646 (South Africa)

Skype: roberts-w

 <http://www.biocarbonpartners.com/> www.biocarbonpartners.com