[OSGeo Africa] Android based apps for navigation purposes

christopher legg christopher.legg at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 00:19:18 PST 2013

I have experimented with QGis on a Samsung Galaxy Note, but had serious
problems. Menu pages for attributes (colours, lines etc) were often
larger than screen, and when I tried to access off-screen portions,
system crash requiring complete re-booting often resulted.

For position logging - recording tracks and waypoints - GPS Tools is
quite good. For point data recording, EpiCollect from Imperial College
is excellent, but needs customisation. For GPS navigation when off-line,
Maps with me is very good, but Pro version ($5) is needed for large
areas.

Good luck!

Chris