[OSGeo Africa] Data for Uganda

Yao Ayivor yamtanam at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 04:44:58 PDT 2013

Powerful, Extensible 3D GIS for the World's Infrastructure

Bentley Map is a desktop geospatial information system that is 3D by nature
and designed to meet the needs of infrastructure professionals. Bentley Map
is offered in three editions aligned with user requirements: Bentley Map
PowerView, Bentley Map, and Bentley Map Enterprise.
  Product Tour Video<http://link.videoplatform.limelight.com/media/?mediaId=643f856a3edb4b15b4b64e482411e985&width=480&height=411&playerForm=6a6b96d1f08d456f81ec5ab10c9f3a24>
Gallery <http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/Bentley+Map/gallery.htm>
Technical
Requirements<ftp://ftp.bentley.com/pub/help/bentley_map/081109107en/readme.htm>

**Bentley Map is a fully featured GIS that is 3D by nature. This mapping
software is designed to address the unique and challenging needs of
organizations that map, plan, design, build, and operate the world's
infrastructure. It supports the creation, persistence, maintenance,
analysis, and sharing of 2D/3D geospatial information. It is also ideal for
developing custom GIS applications.

With Bentley Map, you can:

   - Leverage native Oracle Spatial or SQL Server Spatial to store and edit
   all types of spatial data
   - Utilize smart 3D Object Editing Tools
   - Publish i-models for use on Bentley Map Mobile
   - Analyze 2D and 3D spatial data
   - Access and share disparate data stored in non-Bentley formats
   - Define and administer feature models and rules-based symbology and
   annotation
   - Generate powerful 3D scenes and animations
   - Manage the entire cadastral fabric
   - Publish high-quality maps for map books or large-scale plots

Bentley Map supports all your geospatial workflows:

   - *Bentley Map PowerView:* Mapping software for the visualization and
   editing of 2D/3D geospatial information (stand-alone)
   - *Bentley Map: *Mapping software for* *editing, analysis, and
   management of 2D/3D geospatial information including map finishing and
   advanced parcel management tools (runs stand-alone or on MicroStation)
   - *Bentley Map Enterprise: *Mapping software for enterprise editing,
   analysis, and management of 2D/3D geospatial information together with
   advanced raster image management (stand-alone)
   - *Bentley Map Mobile:* For viewing Bentley Map projects in the field on
   tablet devices

Which edition is right for
you?<http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/Bentley+Map/Which-Version.htm>

User Testimonials<http://www.bentley.com/en-US/Products/Bentley+Map/Reviews-Stories.htm>

At-a-glance: the 3 editions of Bentley
Map<http://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/collateral/docs/bentley_map/Bentley_Map_V8i_At-A-Glance.pdf>(PDF)

Product data sheets:
- Bentley Map Enterprise<http://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/collateral/docs/bentley_map/Bentley_Map_Enterprise_V8iSS3.pdf>(PDF)
<http://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/collateral/docs/bentley_map/Bentley_Map_Enterprise_V8iSS3.pdf>-
Bentley Map<http://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/collateral/docs/bentley_map/Bentley_Map_LTR_s.pdf>(PDF)
- Bentley Map PowerView<http://ftp2.bentley.com/dist/collateral/docs/bentley_map/Bentley_Map_PowerView_V8iSS3_LTR-EN_s.pdf>(PDF)
------------------------------

*Highlights*

   - Leverage geospatial information in the field with Bentley Map Mobile
   - Native Oracle Spatial support for all types of spatial data
   - Smart 3D object editing tools
   - 3D spatial analysis

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:51 AM, <stefanie.lehmann at students.unibe.ch>wrote:

>  Dear Africa OSGeo members
>

> For my Master Thesis I'm working on a GIS based Decision Analysis on
> household water treatment for Uganda.
>

> Data I'm looking for includes:
>
> - Water borne disease outbreaks
>
> - Income Level
>
> - good road layer (so far I'm working with Google map maker data)
>
> - water availability
>

> The data should cover the whole of Uganda and the higher the spatial
> resolution the better (at least district level). Hope someone can help
> me in this matter.
>

> Thank you in advance for your help.
>

> Regards,
>

> Stefanie Lehmann