[OSGeo Africa] Fwd: [SDI-Africa] Knight News Challenge: Open Government

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 12:02:09 PST 2013

https://www.newschallenge.org/
Knight News Challenge: Open Government
How can we make the places we live more awesome through data and
technology? How can we make public information more relevant and useful?
The Knight News Challenge is funding innovative projects that could
improve the way citizens and governments interact. The Knight News
Challenge's definition of open government is broad and could include
everything from opening and visualizing data to collaborative
policymaking to completely restructuring the way an institution
interacts with people. Winners of the Knight News Challenge will receive
a share of $5 million in funding and support from Knight’s network of
influential peers and advisors to help advance their ideas. The
competition is open to nonprofits, for-profits or individuals anywhere
in the world. Awards to minors will be made to an intermediary
designated by Knight Foundation. Organizations based outside the US will
require a fiscal sponsor; the Knight Foundation will work this out with
you later in the process if you move forward.
https://www.newschallenge.org/open/open-government/submission/
Tell Knight News about your idea, why you think it's a good one, and how
you and your team will make it happen.
• Submission period (Feb. 19 - March 18) [Deadline for submissions:
_March 18, 2013_]
• Feedback (March 18 - March 29)
• Refinement (March 29 - April 5)
• Judging (April 5 - June)