[OSGeo Africa] Dear All

Walter Smit walter.s at sa-solutions.co.za
Fri Nov 1 01:37:02 PDT 2013

Does it really have to be aerial photographs?

You could just use the Openlayers plugin in Quantum to use Google Earth,
Bing etc satellite imagery (which quite often is of similar quality as NGI's
aerial photos). The major drawback is that you wont know exactly when the
images were taken.

If you are using Esri you can also pull in Bing imagery from their online
resource (built-in since version 9.3 I believe).

Regards

Walter