[OSGeo Africa] Extracting rasters

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 05:17:29 PST 2013

Hi Jaco

When you do a clip-to-mask with the QGIS raster 'clipper' utility you
are actually building up a gdalwarp command and the full docs for all
the options are here: http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html.

The cutline layer needs to be a polygon layer with a valid polygon and
the feature geometry needs to be in the same CRS as the raster (if you
disable on-the-fly CRS transformation do they overlay each other?).

hth

Gavin