[OSGeo Africa] QGis v2 and OTB

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 08:51:28 PDT 2013

Hi Zoltan

I have it all set up nicely on Raring - I am using ubuntugis-unstable
and getting QGIS from ubuntugis-nightly (which is already at 2.1.0). All
the OTB, Saga and other components are in Processing.

I tried Compute Images Second Order Statistics on an orthophoto and got
no errors, it ran, but no output either.

We've had gdal issues today on another PC with Raring but compiled from
trunk and mostly OK now. Might have been related to your broken packages
scenario. What sources are you using?

Gavin

On 03/10/2013 17:21, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm struggling with getting QGis 2.0 going with Orfeo Toolbox.
>
> *On Win7 64 bit*, I use the new osgeo4w-setup-x86_64.exe  to install.
> There is no specific otb-bin that I can select, but everything
> installs and I can run QGis and use some OTB functionality in the
> "Processing Toolbox"
> *But*
> some OTB functionality like "Compute Images Second Order Statistics
> failes with: "OTB Folder is not configured"
>
> I do a search on my PC for otb* and none of the otbcli-* or otbgui-*
> modules come up.
> I then got to the OTB homepage to download the binaries, and it points
> me to the same osgeo4w installer that got it wrong in the first place.
>

> Then I thought I would try on a fresh install of Ubuntu 13.04 raring
> ringtail, but I get broken packages in synaptic (libgdal1 if I
> remember correctly) when I try to install QGIS and OTB.
>

> Can anyone help on either platform?
>
> I'd prefer the Ubuntu platform, but right now I don't care as long as
> I get both working happily together on either Win7-64 or Ubuntu 13.04
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Zoltan

> Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
> Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
> P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.
>
> 65 Main Road, Muizenberg 7945
> Western Cape, South Africa.
>
> 34° 6'16.35"S 18°28'5.62"E
>
> Tel: +27-21-7884897  Mobile: +27-83-6004028
> Fax: +27-86-6115323www.geograph.co.za

Gavin Fleming
t: 0218620670
w: 0218630660