[OSGeo Africa] Job Advert: Academic Part-time Lecturer in Geotechnology (Primarily GIS) at CPUT
RandA at cput.ac.za
Thu Feb 6 06:48:28 PST 2014
Dear OSGeo Africa
Job Title: Academic Part-time Lecturer in Geotechnology (Primarily GIS)
Institution: Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Faculty: Applied Sciences
Department: Environmental & Occupational Studies
Campus/ Location: Cape Town Campus, WC ZA
Teaching Day: 2 Hours: Thursdays 13h00-15h00, February - November 2014
* Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree, with specialisation in GIS; and a Masters degree.
* Ability to apply GIS in an Environmental Management context
* Experience in teaching at the university level or equivalent.
* At least 2 years' relevant work experience of which at least 2 years must be in an education environment.
* Research involvement and proven record of scientific publications
Key Performance Areas
* Lecturing Geotechnology (Mainly ESRI and open Source GIS packages) at a BTech level.
* Other academic duties relating to course convening.
* Strong learner focus
* Excellent communication and computer skills
* Excellent subject knowledge
* Organizational and presentation skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is committed to Employment Equity and aims to attract and retain talented individuals to achieve our equity objectives and therefore, people from the designated groups, including those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applicants whose appointment contributes towards the achievement of demographic representation. We reserve the right not to make an appointment.
Applicants should send a cover email, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for at least two references (who will be contacted) electronically to: randa at cput.ac.za<mailto:randa at cput.ac.za> with "Part-time Lecturer in Geotechnology" in the subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Please feel free to forward the link to suitable South African candidates.
Mr A. Rand BSc, BSc (Hons), MSc (UCT)
Cape Peninsula University of Technology
The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and automatically archived by Mimecast SA (Pty) Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Mimecast Unified Email Management (UEM) offers email continuity, security, archiving and compliance with all current legislation. To find out more, visit http://www.mimecast.co.za/uem.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Africa