[OSGeo Africa] AfricaGEO stand representing FOSS GIS (was OPENGEO Africa stand for OSGeo)

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Jan 17 01:59:45 PST 2014

Hi

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 9:03 AM, Hanlie Pretorius <
hanlie.pretorius at gmail.com> wrote:

> > We could just use the OSGEO-Live cd's - should be a low pain point there.
>
> Ok.
>
> > I can make  a promo vid of QGIS but 5 minutes on a loop might be better
> > than 5 hours? Based on the assumption that most passers bye at the booth
> > will have a 5 minute attention span....
>
> Sounds good. I guess I was thinking of the poor people staffing the
> stand, having to listen to the same stuff every so many minutes... But
> your idea makes more sense.
>
> > QGIS Has an official poster and brochure (
> > https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Promotion for raw sources) - I will get a
> > rendered version done for the stand. OSGeo no doubt has plenty of
> > promotional goodies.  Having a poster as you describe above might be good
> > too.
> >
> > I will set up a wiki page somewhere so we can self organise and then
> post a
> > link to the list here. It will be easier to keep track of stuff than in
> > multiple email threads.
>
> Ok, I'll wait for the wiki page before continuing.

In case you missed my previous message, the wiki page is here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=AfricaGEO_2014

Regards

Tim

> Hanlie

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member
 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net