[OSGeo Africa] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Fifth Open Source Opportunities in GIS Summer School

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 09:20:40 PST 2014

Dear All,

The SIGTE (University of Girona), the Nottingham Geospatial Institute
(University of Nottingham) and Prodevelop are pleased to announce the
Fifth Open Source Opportunities in GIS Summer School, from 7th to 11th
of July 2014 at Girona, Spain.

*The Open Source Opportunities in GIS Summer School* is an initiative
aimed to meet the GIS professional demands related to free and open
solutions, and we are working on this vision from the start. The Summer
School 2014 will be focused on the development and creation of Open Web
Services and Web Applications, especially on the publication of data on
the web. With this goal, the programme will cover topics related to the
acquisition and importation of OpenStreetMap data into a spatial
database, creation of geospatial web services and development of
internet viewers for publishing geospatial data.

We will be strongly supporting this excellent initiative. Jeremy Morley
will be contributing the Nottingham components for the Summer School.
The course has been designed and will be conducted on a GNU/Linux
operating system based on the use of the OSGeo-Live DVD
http://live.osgeo.org/en/index.html

The program aims to act as a platform for Free and Open Source
Geospatial Software teaching, learning and collaboration. All course
materials produced for the Summer School will be made available at the
past Summer schools section of the website and also through ELOGeo
repository for the benefit of the wider community.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Open Source Opportunities in GIS
Summer School 2014.

More details at http://www.sigte.udg.edu/summerschool2014/

Best wishes,

Suchith

message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete
it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in
this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by
the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the
University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.