[OSGeo Africa] AfricaGEO and FOSS GIS unconference

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Jul 13 14:16:07 PDT 2014

Dear (anonymous)

On 13/07/2014 21:19, 207503878 at stu.ukzn.ac.za wrote:
> I ve been crying tears over not getting accepted in any gis job
> application and feel I may get even a friend to kill me Sent via my
> BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

Oh dear your email is worrying at all kinds of levels:

* You haven't told us who you are or given anyone any background about
your skills and capabilities.

* What is your expectation after writing this message - do you think
anybody would rush to you with a job offer after reading it?

* You are writing this message completely out of context of the
current discussion - any prospective employers are unlikely to be
watching this thread expecting with employing someone in mind.

* What kind of friend would your friend be if they actually carried
out your request?

May I humbly suggest that you take a look at this previous thread from
this list, hopefully it will give you some hints on how to better
approach your career prospects.

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/africa/2014-March/001824.html

Good luck!

Regards