[OSGeo Africa] FOSS GIS Unconference before AfricaGeo on June 30

Gavin Fleming gavin at afrispatial.co.za
Wed Jun 25 07:28:09 PDT 2014

Great Chris

STDM would be a fantastic topic. It ties right in with AfricaGeo and
since it doesn't feature on the AfricaGeo programme I'd say it's almost
an essential part of the the conference week. Anyone interested in land
tenure and land administration should come.

Furthermore it was only launched as an open source QGIS plugin last week
at the FIG conference in Malaysia, so it is a hot topic.

I'm interested in how STDM and FLOSS SOLA could work together. SOLA is
an open source land administration system for managing formal land
parcels and ownership and was recently implemented close by in Lesotho.

Looking forward to Monday

PS: More replies like Chris' are just was I was after on the list. If
you're just saying 'yes', rather add your name to
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AfricaGEO_2014. If you are NOT coming, PLEASE
DON'T REPLY. 800 people don't need to know that you're not coming.

regards

Gavin

Gavin Fleming
http://afrispatial.co.za