[OSGeo Africa] Fwd: [Ica-osgeo-labs] Webinar on Sustainable Cities research on 6th March

Gavin Fleming gavinjfleming at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 10:35:12 PST 2014

Dear all,

Reminder of  our fifth webinar of the "Open Geospatial Science & Applications” webinar series on March 6th by our Australian colleagues (Dr Chris Pettit and Dr. Jack Barton). The webinar will be open and free to all on first come register basis.

AURIN is building a geospatial open source online platform to support the urban research and policy and decision-making community in Australia. AURIN is a nationally funded project through the Department of Education's Super Science initiative. An open source geoportal has been built (currently in Beta 3) which provides secure access to a large array of datasets from across Australia using a federated data architecture. The portal also provides a suite of spatial-statistics, workflow and visualization tools to support urban researchers, policy and decision-making in planning for sustainable cities. Details at http://aurin.org.au/

To register , please go to
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/701131370

The webinar series has been excellent opportunity to share the excellent work of our colleagues to the wider community. Last month's webinar by Maria and Partick on NASA World Wind Virtual Globe Technology  was attended by around 400 participants worldwide. Thee recorded versions of the previous webinars at http://mundogeo.com/webinar/opengeoscienceandapplications/
are also watched by hundreds more who couldn't attend. Many thanks for Eduardo, MundoGeo and all presenters for making this possible.

I also think that it will be a good idea to get key invited speakers to give presentations for the webinar series. If you have ideas of good speakers that we need to invite please email me. Many thanks.

Suchith This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

may still contain software viruses which could damage your computer system, you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.