[OSGeo Africa] PLAAS Fact check No1 An Overview of Distribution of Land in South Africa

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Mar 14 14:43:11 PDT 2014

Hi Aslam

Is there any public access to the spatial datasets used to derive these
stats? It would be great as a matter of course to make such datasets
publicly available under a free license so that folks in the GIS community
can interpret the data for themselves (in addition to these nice summaries
etc.). It will also lend some credibility to, and allow fact checking of
products such as the one you have attached.

Regards

Tim

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Aslam Parker <
APARKER at ruraldevelopment.gov.za> wrote:

>  Hi All
>
> FYI. Attached see one of may fact check pamphlets from PLAAS. We can all
> learn from  how PLAAS have been portraying crucial information in a simple
> but very effective way.
>
>  === Email Disclaimer ===================================================
> "The information contained in this email is confidential and may contain
> proprietary information. It is meant solely for the intended recipient.
> Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action
> taken or omitted in reliance on this, is prohibited and may be unlawful. No
> liability or responsibility is accepted if information or data is, for
> whatever reason corrupted or does not reach its intended recipient. No
> warranty is given that this email is free of viruses. The views expressed
> in this email are, unless otherwise stated, those of the author not those
> of Department of Rural Development and Land Reform or its management.
> Department of Rural Development and Land Reform reserves the right to
> monitor, intercept and block email addresses to its users or take any
> action in accordance with its email use policy".

Tim Sutton

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * QGIS Training