[OSGeo Africa] Enquiry

Jacobus Strydom jcstay123 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:18:07 PDT 2014

Hi,

I learned to use Idrisi by watching videos on youtube, there are a number
of good videos that will show you how to use it.
If you have uncapped internet first get your hands on the Landsat images,
these are free if look around (I think you can check out *landsat*.
gsfc.nasa.gov/) and they will work great to make a generalized land
classification, e.g. build up, vegetation. You can also try to use QGIS to
do some unsupervised classifications of the Landsat images.

Unfortunately I'm not in Pretoria so I will not be of mush help.