[OSGeo Africa] Gauteng Suburbs Layer

Chlodwik Rossouw chlodwik at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 05:47:59 PDT 2014

Thanks Melissa, I stumbled upon this site this morning and it gave me the
contact names of the relevant departments from the various municipalities
whom I can speak with to get the data.

Now it is just getting hold of the right person in the right department,
which seems to be a struggle.

I got hold of Tswane pretty easily, so 1 down, 9 to go.

Thanks for the advice

On 28 October 2014 11:53, Melissa Davy <melleighdavy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chlodwik,
>
> I have not had much dealings with the City of Johannesburg but perhaps the
> corperate GIS department can help you.  They have a link on the e-Services
> website.
>
> http://eservices.joburg.org.za/joburg/eservices/onlineMaps#clkCntrl
>
> Regards,
> Melissa
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Chlodwik Rossouw <chlodwik at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Can anyone perhaps advise me on where I can get hold of the suburbs
>> (polygon) layer for Gauteng?
>>
>> I know this dataset is sold by various commercial companies, but I wonder
>> if I can get hold of this data for free or at a minimal admin cost?
>>
>> Has someone perhaps combined the suburbs data from the various
>> municipalities based in Gauteng into one layer?
>>
>> Many thanks
>> Chlodwik

Chlodwik Rossouw
email: chlodwik at gmail.com