[OSGeo Africa] Suburbs shapefile for Gauteng

Charles Rethman rethman at me.com
Thu Sep 18 04:32:19 PDT 2014

Try the Enumeration Areas from Stats SA. Although the EAs are grouped into "Sub-Places" (SPs) and not "Suburbs", they do provide a reasonable approximation. Defining suburb boundaries is a bit tricky as they are not official entities.

If you need populations, then you'll have to go for the Small Areas, which are slightly larger (in some cases) than the EAs. They are also grouped into SPs.

All the best,

Charles Rethman