[OSGeo Africa] Free South African Aerial Imagey WMS Layer

Graeme McFerren gmcferren at csir.co.za
Tue Sep 23 04:10:42 PDT 2014

Kudos to NGI for helping to make this kind of data openly available on the Internet. It would be a really nice story to tell about some of the other NGI contributions to OSM (I am assuming there are other contributions) or other databases.

Regards
Graeme

>>> Frank Sokolic <sokolic at worldonline.co.za> 09/23/14 12:17 PM >>>
Hi Chlodwik,

Try using the file I've attached. In QGIS go to Add Raster Layer, set
files to All Files then open this file. It pulls aerial photos from the
aerial.openstreetmap.org.za website.

Regards, Frank.

On 23/09/2014 11:00, Chlodwik Rossouw wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Would anyone perhaps know of a free aerial imagery WMS layer (Highest
> resolution possible coastal or national South African coverage) that I
> will be able to pull into QGIS?
>
> Thanks
> Chlodwik

and is believed to be clean.