[OSGeo Africa] SA POSTAL CODES

Niel Page Niel.Page at tomtom.com
Sun Feb 1 20:46:35 PST 2015

Hi Gavin,

There have never been an official government spatial polygon layer for postal codes in South Africa. It has always been up to private companies to see how best they can create a layer that best fits to reality. Unfortunately the data is not free. There are many challenges in creating such a layer which one will find out very quickly when starting to create and use such a layer. There are many anomalies to take into account and make provision for. It is only after years of combining different sources together and tested by multiple customers from different business application areas that one can have a good postal polygon layer.

You are welcome to contact TomTom Africa if you are looking for more information.

Kind Regards

Niel Page * Mgr Database Production * TomTom Africa - Licensing * e-mail: niel.page at tomtom.com<mailto:niel.page at tomtom.com> * office: +27 12 003 0701 / 9 * P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.
E-mail Confidentiality: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary to TomTom and/or its affiliates or otherwise confidential or legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply, and delete all copies of this message and any attachments. If you are the intended recipient you may use the information contained in this message and any files attached to this message only as authorized by TomTom. Any unauthorised use, dissemination or disclosure of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. The contents of this e-mail are not to be considered binding upon TomTom.