[OSGeo Africa] Batch conversion from shp to kml

Mnqweno Mnyengeza MnqwenoM at statssa.gov.za
Mon Aug 15 05:17:06 PDT 2016

Hi Zoltan

Yes, am aware that shp2kml is a product but was just using the word to
better define my requirement this time around. Thank you for the advice

Regards

Mnqweno Mnyengeza (Mr)

Professional GIS Practitioner
Geography
082 9048267 (Mobile)
Statistics South Africa
"...people are very quick to notice the change in your attitude towards
them but always ignore their unacceptable behavior that led to your
change....."

>>> Zoltan Szecsei <zoltans at geograph.co.za> 2016/08/15 02:09 PM >>>

Hi,
shp2kml is a product, you do realise?
Presumably you mean you have a bunch of SHP files and want them in KML
format but don't want to use shp2kml?

Try ogr2ogr - using the command-line approach you should have zero
difficulties doing it "in a snap"

Regards,
Zoltan