[OSGeo Africa] Come and join us at the 2nd International QGIS Conference, May 2016

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jan 20 04:23:26 PST 2016

Dear All

I know Europe is a bit far away for many of you, but I would like to share this anyway in case you can join us. Last year we held a very successful 1st International QGIS Users’ Conference in Nødebo, Denmark. This year we are teaming up with the Spanish Free GIS software chapter to hold the 2nd international QGIS Users Conference in Girona, Spain from the 24-29 May 2016. I know many of you have probably been to ESRI User Conferences (or at least heard about them). The QGIS User Conference is similar in that it is a forum to interact with users and developers. We will be holding our 6 monthly QGIS developer hackfest at the end of the conference too, so it would be great to see some african representation there! The conference web site is http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/ <http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/>.

Right now the call for presentations and call for workshops has just gone out, so if anyone is interested in presenting there, please see the details below.

The Call for Papers and Workshops for the 2nd International QGIS User and Developer Conference, is already open!

The Local Organizing Committee of the 2nd International QGIS User and Developer Conference, is pleased to announce the call for Presentations and Workshops for the 2016 Conference to be held in Girona (May 25th - 26th). If you have an open source geospatial story to tell, based on QGIS, we want to hear it!

----
Call for Presentations
Deadline: February 15th

The QGIS Conference presentations are 20 minutes long, with time for Q&A at the end of each talk. Presentations may cover any aspect related with the use or development of QGIS software. Anyone can can submit a presentation proposal and take part in the conference as a presenter. The received proposals will be reviewed by the program committee.

See full details at http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/conferencia-qgis/ <http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/conferencia-qgis/>
-----

Call for Workshops
Deadline: February 15th

There are two kinds of workshops depending on the duration: 2 hours or 4 hours. If you want to actively participate in the 2nd Int. QGIS Conference and impart a workshop, don't hesitate to send your workshop proposal to talleres at sigte.org <mailto:talleres at sigte.org>

The proposal should be a brief abstract pointing out the expected duration of the workshop (2 hours, 4 hours) as well as a few lines describing the content of the workshop, pre-requisites for the attendants (if needed), name of the instructor...

The instructors of the selected workshops will receive a free pass for the conference.

See full details at  <http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/workshops-qgis/>http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/workshops-qgis/ <http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/international-qgis-user-and-developer-conference/workshops-qgis/>
----

For further details, please send an email at inforjornadas at sigte.org <mailto:inforjornadas at sigte.org>

Best regards

Tim Sutton (QGIS Project Chairman)