[OSGeo Africa] Masters' research request

Christ, Sven <16823745@sun.ac.za> 16823745 at sun.ac.za
Mon May 30 03:26:19 PDT 2016

Dear OSGEO Africa members,

My name is Sven Christ I am busy with my Master's Degree in Geography and Environmental studies at Stellenbosch University.My research project is entitled
"Uncertainty visualization in environmental data".  The overarching aim of the project is to compare and evaluate methods of uncertainty visualization and their use in communicating results from environmental data by expert to novice users.

Firstly thank you to all those that participated in my survey last year it has been a great aid in understanding how spatial data is dealt with.

I have since developed a QGIS plugin that visualizes uncertainty and this now needs external validation and input.
For this I need to do some brief interviews with users and producers of spatial data such as yourselves. Due to transportation restraints I can only do these in the Western Cape area. The interviews will be held at a time and place convenient to you.

 These interviews will be a brief introductory chat about uncertainty followed by a demonstration of the tool and a few questions about it. If anyone would like to participate or find out more about the research please visit http://beats-sa.com/Sven.html and sign up or contact me directly here.

The results from the interviews will be completely anonymous and any comments are welcomed.
Thank you in advance for your time, I look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,
Sven Christ