[OSGeo Africa] Georeferencing or overlaying old aerial photograph with cadastre

Chris chris at airphotoafrica.co.za
Wed Nov 16 23:14:11 PST 2016

    Hi Aslam ,

    Thanks for the explanation and clarification much appreciated

    Seeing as we are talking historical

    Possibly only of interest to historians of photogrammetry ( and aerial /
    airforce stuff )

    Were these rigorous processes already being used in WWII  ?
    ( I assume most modern facilities are far advanced beyond these
    "primitive"  processes )

    Did / does the SAAF have an orthorectification / aerial photography /
    analysis section ?

    Are they able to perform the same rigorous processes as yourselves ?

    Thanks

    CM