[OSGeo Africa] Question for Submission

Chris chris at airphotoafrica.co.za
Thu Nov 24 00:36:36 PST 2016

    Hi ,

    So curiosity gets the better of me .....

    Namaqualand
    Such a wide large empty bit of the country
    [ I would make a comment here along the lines of "land" but some people
    here are very sensitive ]

    If you have a  more wider look on GE Pro you will notice an image by
    Andre ( Blackie) Swart that indicates that this is agriculture.
    ( Does not say what type of agriculture though ? )

    From what I can gather Mr Andre Blackie Swart is now deceased ?

    IF you are really curious there is a Cape Agri depot in Gharies ( the
    closest town

    https://www.sayellow.com/kaap-agri-agrimark-garies

    Give them a ring

    Take the first turn to the left north out of Gharies to Hondeklipbaai and
    Koingnaas and follow the Spoeg River and your GPS to the indicated spot
    ( it is close to a road )

    North of this area is the SanParks Namaqua National park

    https://www.sanparks.org/parks/namaqua/

    Here are some other bits and pieces of local interest
    ( In case you are thinking of somewhere for your next holiday )

    http://www.mountainpassessouthafrica.co.za/find-a-pass/northern-cape/item/
    1033-skurfhoogte.html

    http://www.namakwa-dm.gov.za/tourism/kleinzeekoingnaas/

    http://mg.co.za/article/2011-11-18-diamond-mines-are-not-forever/