[OSGeo Africa] Inquiry about a GIS opportunity

Craig von Hagen (Yahoo) craigvonhagen at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 23:38:50 PDT 2016

Hi All,

Please apply for various positions with iMMAP at http://immap.eu/

Regards,
Craig

-----Original Message-----
From: Africa [mailto:africa-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Zoltan
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2016 9:22 AM
To: africa at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [OSGeo Africa] Inquiry about a GIS opportunity

Hi List,
Charles worked with me on a high pressure job where we had to digitise some 167000 polygons during May through August this year.

He is a quiet and intelligent person who just gets on with the job at hand.
I can highly recommend him to anyone hiring staff at this time.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Zoltan

On 2016/09/25 10:28, runharecharles at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am inquiring about an GIS opportunity at junior/trainee level
> anywhere in South Africa.
>
> I have a four year BSc Geography and Environmental Studies (Honors) Degree.
> I have recently acquired some work experience in GIS digitizing processes.
> I also have an extensive mapping experience using Surfer, ArcView and
> ArcGIS softwares.
>
> I also have some work experience in web design and maintenance using
> Joomla 3 content management system. I have explored website hosting,
> created templates for websites and newspapers for up to eleven clients.
> I have used Ms SQL for launching websites on a windows OS. I was also
> tasked with support services for clients using TeamViewer for remote assistance.
>

> I have some work experience in documentation and digital file storage.
> I am also knowledgeable in digital data collection systems. I enjoyed enjoyed exploring and developing new market for a mobile data collection application.
>
> I have basic knowledge in Python scripting and project management.
> I have a strong passion for GIS automation, spatial analysis,
> modelling, project management, GIS application in research and sustainable development.
>
> If possible I can send you my CV for your consideration
>
> Best wishes
>
> Charles Runhare

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Services

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za