[OSGeo Africa] Topographic Map Series of Namibia?

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Mon Dec 10 04:05:34 PST 2018

Hi All,

Does anyone have a contact I could speak to at the Namibian
Directorate of Survey and Mapping? Preferably via email, I have tried
phoning, but have been unable to get through.

I am trying to see if it possible to get digital copies of their 1:50k
topographic series maps. Alternatively scanned? What is the cost?
Could I get copies of the older series from the South African NGI?

Myself and a colleague received copies of the South African 1:50k
topographic series and we created this site:
https://htonl.dev.openstreetmap.org/ngi-tiles/

I want to create a similar site for the Namibia 1:50k series.

PS: I'd happy to create similar sites for any other African country
where I can receive copies of their topographic maps. Work at the
mapping agency or have a good contact? Please advise.

PPS: Madmappers have seemingly have the entire series, but I haven't
been able to contact them successfully. Anyone have a contact?
https://www.madmappers.com/browse.php?TY=R&CO=na

Kind regards,

Grant