[OSGeo Africa] Traditional council boundary data

Peter Newmarch newmarch at land-surveyors.com
Fri Feb 9 00:08:23 PST 2018

Adrian

COGTA have this information. The problem is the spatial extents of their data – it shows areas well in excess of what has been gazette as the jurisdiction of the TA. This is now permeating into planning documents and causing problems.

So you need to clarify the data you seek from them – the Legal TA, or simply what people are doing on the ground (people don’t know the difference generally – but its having big development implications). I suspect the STATSSA data probably also suffers from the same shortcomings.

Regards

Peter