[OSGeo Africa] Two days left for submitting abstracts to FOSS4G 2018 (Dar Es Salaam)

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Tue Feb 13 11:54:32 PST 2018

Hi all

I am forwarding this email on behalf of Maria Brovelli, Academic chair for the upcoming FOSS4G 2018 conference in Dar Es Salaam. The conference dates are as follows:

27, 28 AUGUST 2018 : WORKSHOPS
29, 30, 31 AUGUST 2018 : THREE DAY MAIN CONFERENCE
1, 2 SEPTEMBER 2018 : CODE SPRINTS AND COMMUNITY EVENTS

This conference is going to have special concessions for African attendees so you should expect to be able to attend the conference very economically. If you are working in an academic context, note that the call for academic papers is closing in 2 days - see Maria’s message below for details:

The deadline for submitting abstracts to the Academic Track of FOSS4G 2018 (http://2018.foss4g.org/) is approaching (15 February 2018!)

At this first step you have to submit an abstract written in English comprising 500‐800 words and containing sufficient details for evaluation (including the approach, results, concepts, reasons why it should be considered and why it would be interesting for the audience).

The contributions are accepted on the abstract blind review process. Submitted abstracts will be refereed for quality, originality and relevance by the Scientific Committee. Authors will receive feedback and suggestions for improvement to their papers to be submitted in a second step for publication in the International Archives of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (listed in the ISI Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) of the Web of Science, SCOPUS, the E/I Compendex,and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)).

For submitting your abstract go to http://2018.foss4g.org/call-for-papers.html <http://2018.foss4g.org/call-for-papers.html>and follow the instructions.

We are looking forward to receiving your contribution and see you in Dar!

Maria and Ally Hassan on behalf of the Local Organising Committee.

IMPORTANT DATES
Abstract Submission deadline is 15 February 2018
Abstract  acceptance notice is 15 March 2018
Early Bird Registration closes 15 May 2018
Camera ready paper for the Proceedings has to be submitted by 30 April 2018

Regards

Tim
—

Tim Sutton