[OSGeo Africa] Chief Surveyor General -- View Spatial Data -- Website not working

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Jun 15 02:26:13 PDT 2018

Thanks for sharing this link Mike. Will you be sharing this as a public OGC WMS and WFS services? Think of all the web and other maps out there that have cadastrals on (our company has several too). It would be much nicer if we could all use a publicly offered canonical source for this layer rather than having numerous probably out of date copies floating around.

Regards

Tim

> On 13 Jun 2018, at 08:40, Mike Caister <Mike.Caister at drdlr.gov.za> wrote:
>
> Good Morning,
>
> Please note that a new map viewer has been set up for SG spatial cadastral data- it can be viewed at https://csg.esri-southafrica.com/ <https://csg.esri-southafrica.com/>
>
> This link can also be found on the CSG web page http://csg.dla.gov.za/ <http://csg.dla.gov.za/>. Please do not use the links on the page http://csg.dla.gov.za/spatial.htm <http://csg.dla.gov.za/spatial.htm> - they have not been up dated yet.
>
> Please note that this is a beta version, so it still has some bugs to clear out. One of the bugs is that the local municipality data relates to the 2011 local municipal boundaries, and not the 2016 local municipal boundaries- so use the local municipal boundaries with caution.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Caister
>
> Spatial Database Manager
> Survey Technician ST1397
> Office of the Surveyor General: KwaZulu-Natal
> 300 Pietermaritz Street
> PO Box 396
> Pietermaritzburg
> 3200