[OSGeo Africa] Chief Surveyor Ggeneral -- View Spatial Data -- Website not working

Chris chris at airphotoafrica.co.za
Sun Mar 4 23:58:51 PST 2018

    Good Morning MIke ,

    Thank you for the upodate

    I do understand that you very kindly make SG data
    available for copy onto a storage devcice brought into your
    offices.

    One understands that like death a HDD crash is
    inevitable.
    However in the sort of environment in which the SG works
    ( lots of very important and valueable data / information )
    A HDD crash should be planned for and not bring
    everything to a standstill.

    Does the SG not have some sort of a RAID or other fault
    tolerant facility  ?

    I appreciate that the data viewer does not constitute the
    core / backbone of the SG data structure and is probabaly
    not that high a priority -- it is however useful to some.

    Thanks

    Chris