[OSGeo Africa] Earthquake data

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri May 25 11:08:28 PDT 2018

Hi

You can also get USGS data for the rest of the world here:

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/search/

And if you are interested, Kartoza has written a software that can take USGS format shakemaps and turn it into GeoTIFF and do impact on population analysis. You can see more about our work here:

http://inasafe.org

Regards

Tim

> On 25 May 2018, at 14:59, Hugo Paul <hugo at mhpgeo.co.za> wrote:
>
> Good day
>
> I was wondering if South Africa has an earth quake monitoring facility/center similar to the USGS?
>
> Or does anyone perhaps know where I can get seismic data for South Africa (excel, .shp)?
>
> Thank you
> Regards
> Hugo
>

> Disclaimer
>
> The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and automatically archived by Mimecast SA (Pty) Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business.  Mimecast Unified Email Management ™ (UEM) offers email continuity, security, archiving and compliance with all current legislation. To find out more, contact Mimecast <http://www.mimecast.co.za/uem>.

—

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Ex Project chair: QGIS.org